Patty who writes thoughtsfromanamericanwoman surprised me with an award called Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments. Quite a name for an award!
Well, Patty did some research and supplied the following: “Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments Award” has to do with a woman of the same name, known for being very elegant and having high expectations, and who is committed to maintaining integrity, good manners and behavior, as well as a rich sense of humor”
How thoughtful of Patty to nominate me!
So the rules of the award are you must answer the following 10 questions, nominate some bloggers that you think deserve the award, and be sure to notify the nominees! So here we go!
1. Describe yourself in seven words ~ family, song, crochet, depth, expressive, resourceful, Spirit
2. What keeps you up at night? ~ Sometimes my daughter, sometimes insomnia!
3. Whom do you aspire to be like? ~ Mother Theresa (I have a very long way to go!)
4. What scares you? ~ I’m too frightened to say!
5. What are the best and worst things about blogging? ~ Best thing – Through the written word I have met some amazing people! I’ve learned about countries and cultures in a way I never would have imagined! I’ve also learned a lot about myself (more about that in an upcoming post). Worst thing – I wish I had more time to blog because I enjoy it so much!
7.If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? ~ Hmm…only one thing..? Well, truth be told I would snap my finger and be able to unlock my daughter’s voice…If you’re not familiar, please see my post titled Dreaming.
8. Slankets yes or no? Nope! I have lots of blankets and shawls! (Are you surprised?)
9. What are you wearing now? ~ Olive colored cropped pants, a white, blue and green t-shirt, turquoise earrings, and a triple-strand beaded necklace.
10. Tell us something about the person who nominated you. ~ I recently met Patty, who writes thoughtsfromanamericanwoman. I was first drawn to her site as because she is an Army mom. My husband is a veteran. I also discovered she is a Christian woman who has a beautiful love of God. We have had a number of conversations now between our posts. I’m happy and proud to say I have discovered a new friend!
Hmm…a list of women to whom I will pass this award…this is always tough…
I believe a couple of them have already received this award but I want to acknowledge them.
Jenny – http://jennysserendipity.com/
scrapydo – http://scrapydo.wordpress.com/
Francine – http://francineinretirement.wordpress.com/ (previously nominated)
Sheryl – http://ahundredyearsago.com/ (previously nominated)
Please be sure to visit their sights!