Okay, one doesn’t have to associate awards with a great week. That being said I decided to incorporate this week’s happenings into this award post. Just wait – you’ll see!
It’s always a surprise to be notified of an award nomination. I am gratified and humbled to know that my words have an impact. I’m also happy to accept awards because it means I also get to pass it forward!
There are rules to awards including thanking the blogger who nominated you, providing links to their sites and sharing seven things about yourself. You then nominate 7 other bloggers, and notify them of the nomination!
You also get to post the award badge to your site!
I have to admit I’ve fallen behind in keeping up with these, so I’m doing my best to get caught up!
So…here we go!
One Lovely Blog Award
Crazy Train to Tinky Town nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. If you haven’t seen her blog please check it out!! You are in for a treat! She writes about the “Adventures of a single woman living in Altinkum, Turkey.”
Versatile Blogger Award
Trudi, who writes Gingerbreadcafe nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. She saw that I already received it, but wanted to say thank-you for her appreciation of my blog. How thoughtful! Trudi makes lovely crafts. She also loves to travel and cook. Definitely a versatile blogger. Go check her site!!
I mentioned that I’m supposed to share seven things about myself. I’ve decided to share seven things that happened to me this week!
1. I traveled from San Antonio, Texas to Des Moines, Iowa for a business trip. There was a layover in Dallas.
2. During the leg from San Antonio to Des Moines I started crocheting. After beverages were served the flight attendant asked me what I was making. That will be the topic for another post! She then showed me what she just finished – a slouch hat! She also gave me the pattern for the hat! How nice!
3. During the leg from Dallas to Des Moines another flight attendant asked what I was making! She proceeded to tell me about a couple of items that she crocheted. She also drew me a small pattern on an airline napkin!
4. The car rental company in Des Moines ran out of certain vehicles. The agent asked asked if I would like to drive an Orange Camaro! Really?!? For the same price as the car I requested? Okay, I’ll take it! Talk about a smooth ride! I had a blast!
5. When I ran a quick errand I found a penny next to the Camaro. It was my lucky day! To those who may not be familiar with the reference, there is a saying, “See a penny, pick it up, all the day you’ll have good luck!”
6. I had a great business trip. ‘Nough said!
7. During the the return, a flight attendant once again stopped by to ask what I was crocheting! She mentioned that she sometimes couldn’t get the edge straight when crocheting. I proceeded to show her how to do that!
Now for the nominations…this is really tough as there are so many great blogs!
I decided to nominate the following seven bloggers for both of these awards.
Please be sure to visit their sites!!!